Isebania continue with good run in NSL win over AP

Barry Silah and  Viden Ochieng @PeopleSports11

Michael Babu’s 78th minute stunner was enough to earn high flying Isebania a 2-1 win against hapless Administration Police yesterday at Camp Toyoyo in the National Super League (NSL).

This win means Isebania continues to create waves in the tough division by earning their second straight win of the campaign. Bottom-placed AP had good chances coming their way through Abbas Khadieyo and Hillary Otieno but most attempts went begging. The tussle was physical and at times reckless with time grinding.

In the second half however the tempo of the match went up as goals were being sought. AP came close twice via Benjamin Bugo. They were to be rewarded later when Abbas was tripped following a teed low cross for a penalty in the 54th minute which was netted by substitute Robert Jagero.

A tactical switch of formation saw Isebania employ a barrage of attacks from flanks and in the 65th minute earned a penalty after Antonio Abwao was pushed in the box. Shadrack Kawa stepped up for a neat equaliser to give the match momentum. Babu left it late for Isebania as he pounced to a left wing cross from Thomas Olango for the win.

“We prepared well and I am not surprised with our good run. Congratulations to the boys for the good work,” said an elated winning coach Dan Musta.

Meanwhile, Nairobi City Stars thrashed FC Talanta 3-0 in an ill tempered match that saw the latter finish the feisty duel with nine men.

Western Stima and Ushuru  shared spoils in their clash following their 0-0 draw at Moi Sports Stadium in Kisumu.

At Muhoroni Stadium, Kenya Police were gifted a walkover after Muhoroni FC did not show up for the game, the second they have failed to honour as they missed their clash against the bankers KCB in Nairobi last week.

In a match pitting two former Kenyan Premier League (KPL) sides, Stima and Ushuru treaded with caution with very few scoring chances coming forth in the first half.

Ushuru were saved by the crossbar in the half hour mark following an attempt by Liberian international Maurice Dukly  to give his side a lead with a long range shot.

Show More

Related Articles