Muhoroni Youth players have reportedly resumed training following an agreement with the club management over their pending salary arrears.
The issue had been a subject of debate after it was revealed that some players had been assaulted last week after falling out with the club management, with goons targeting specific members of the playing unit, leaving three injured.
Kenya Footballers Welfare Association (Kefwa) chairman Innocent Mutiso has intimated to thePeople Sport that he is still assessing the situation before taking action.
“I am told that some of them have resumed training ahead of their match against Kakamega Homeboyz this weekend. Apparently, they have been promised some dues but we will await for confirmation over the same,’’ said Mutiso who also indicated that as long as the assaulted players do not lodge complaints, his office will drop the case.
“We are mandated to look after the welfare of our members if anyone feels aggrieved. The approach would be player consent so as to take the matter forward through the necessary channels,’’ he added.
Reports say most players are traumatised and want to leave the club citing unfavourable conditions. “There are six games after Saturday and these players are too scared to head back to their Muhoroni base. It is safer for them in Nairobi, but the worry is most are really naive and can easily get compromised,’’ said a source who sought anonymity.
Kenya Premier League CEO Jack Oguda confirmed receipt of the complaints from the players, saying the Executive Council met on Tuesday and promised to follow up the matter. According to a brief from Muhoroni shared at the meeting, there was a ‘small’ misunderstanding that “could be handled in-house”.