People DailySports

Favourites show no mercy in KHU Premier League

Butali Hockey Club and Kenya Police registered big wins over their opponents at the City Park Stadium during last weekend’s premier league matches. Both sides had just scored two goals to nil at half time all goals courtesy of field shot goals before the huge wins of 7-1 and 8-0 for Butali and Police respectively.

Butali thrashed Parklands as Police rampaged to hit Mombasa Sports Club (MSC). Mombasa had lost 4-1 to Western Jaguars in their previous match. MSC defended all their first halves well but failed to hold their opponents any longer twice in their matches against Western Jaguars and Kenya Police in the second halves.

MSC thereby conceded a total of nine out of 11 goals in their two second halves. Butali, on their part hit two field goals by half time to take the lead. Owen Oduor of Parklands cut the deficit to 1-2, five minutes into the second-half play.

Maxwel Fuchaka of Butali went on rampage scoring twice in a row in the 51st and 52nd minute respectively to extend their lead to 4-1. Butali went ahead to score three more field goals to win the match 7-1 to bank yet another three points to stay on top of the ongoing Premier League.

In the Western Jaguars-MSC match, Chidi Victor put Jaguars in the lead with a field goal in the 27th minute. Gerald Simiyu scored another field goal for Jaguars in eighth minute of the second-half. Juma James scored yet another field goal for the Jaguars sinking the spirits of MSC players.

Charles Norbertus scored MSC only consolation goal in the match and in the whole weekend in the 59th minute. Gibson Machinji of Jaguars made it clear that it was their win with his goal 3 minutes before the final hoot. Western Jaguars also won in their second match against Park Road with a two goal difference, a match that ended 4-2.

Moses Cheplait and his captain Brian Saina of Kenya Police both scored a hat trick in their match against Mombasa Sports Club(MSC), a match that ended 8-0. Moses Cheplait scored the first two goals in minute 6 and 10 respectively. Samuel Wokila extend their lead to three, in the first six minutes into the second half with yet another field goal.

Moses Cheplait left another mark on the score board achieving his first hattrick of the season just two minutes later to make it 4-0. James Munyi also made his presence felt in the 51st minute with another field goal.

All this time the MSC goalkeeper, Evans Juma was a panicked man at how hard the boys in blue fired their shots. The last three goals were the captains turn to conclude the match with his own hattrick within a span of six minutes.

Kenya Police who are still placed second behind Butali on the log would have scored more than the eight goals in their match against MSC if only they had utilised all the chances they had in the first half. Police captain, Brian Saina is still optimistic that they are still better placed to reclaim the title that they lost in 2014.

Show More

Related Articles